Monday 8 June 2009

NO FAT, LOW CALORIE SOUP


This is my favorite low cal soup that I keep in my fridge on most days. It is good hot and cold. When I feel peckish I have cup of this soup and it is much better than those packet soups. I used my favorite vegetables but vary them and use the vegetables you like. I worked it out the calories and 3 scoops of this soup is only 45 calories so it is great. 

INGREDIENTS 
  • 1 large onion,
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic
  • Half of butter nut squash
  • 1 can of tomatoes
  • 1 -2 leeks
  • 1-2 carrots
  • 5-6 mushrooms
  • vegetable or chicken stock cube
  • 1-2 small chili or pinch of chili powder ( optional )
  • 1 piece of ginger stem
  • handful of fresh herbs or 1 tsp dried herbs
  • Water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Soy sauce.
Chop up all the vegetables, tomatoes  and  herbs, add  spices. Place them in a pan or pressure cooker. Add the stock and water. Cook until soft. Cool and blend to make a smooth soup. Add salt and pepper to taste and soy sauce before serving.

No comments: